PEOPLE WHO DON'T WANT TO SHUT ME UP

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

this song is stuck in my head




I like this song because it's different/quirky. Also probably because it starts off with some notes off the Darth Vader theme :D
Lyrics


Q. I love 'Your Woman' BUT what is it about??? Are you a man/woman/transsexual? 

Ans. Ummmm...well, that's a toughie. When I wrote it, I was trying to write a catchy pop song that had more than one perspective. Although it's written in the first person that viewpoint isn't the same as it may 
sound. So, these are *some* of the things it's about: 
Being a member of an orthodox Trotskyist / Marxist movement (as I was for three years in the 80s). 
Being a straight guy in love with a lesbian (ditto). 
Being a gay guy in love with a straight man. 
Being a straight girl in love with a lying, two-timing, fake-ass Marxist. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LEAVE A MESSAGE