PEOPLE WHO DON'T WANT TO SHUT ME UP

Thursday, February 10, 2011

spoilers for the spoilt: I hate a streetcar named desire.

A Streetcar Named Desire has got to be one of the worst plays ever.

It's not badly written or whatever - in the stylistic sense, that is. But I have the following problems with it:

1. Stanley is basically a maila, maila rapist liar kutta.

2. I hate everyone in the play. I hate Stanley. I hate Stella. I hate all the New Orleans people. I don't hate Blanche but bad things happen to her. And that makes me pissed off.

3. Allan Grey is called weird things for being gay.

4. Stella stays with Stanley.

5. Mitch turns out to be a bitch who believes Stanley.

6. Stanley's a total kamina who cares less about his pregnant wife's wishes and more for his homeboy Mitch.

7. Stanley basically ruins any hope for betterment for Blanche because in spite of the fact that he's a slut he feels the need to warn Mitch about Blanche being a sex addict.

8. EVERYONE IS A GODDAMN SEX ADDICT IN THE PLAY.

and it somehow won a pulitzer. why.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LEAVE A MESSAGE